A peek inside the Winter 2017 edition
In this issue, ‘Going to Ground’:
- Torpor and hibernation: two energy-saving strategies that help mammals survive
- Australian trapdoor spiders are remarkably long-lived master architects
- A miniaturised microbiome is necessary for deep-space refuges away from Earth, but is it even possible?
- How echidnas operate as ecosystem engineers
- Venom is a functional trait that is far more complex than it seems
- Will giving wild places the same rights as humans make politicians listen?